Duration & Content
The programme is offered in an online form with full support by the University. The DSocSci programme is available for study by distance learning only and can be completed in a minimum of 48 months (4 years) to a maximum of 72 months (6 years). Commencement of the programme is possible in February, May or October.
The programme consists of 4 core modules, 3 optional modules and the final dissertation.
Examples of the modules offered are:
Module 1: Introduction to Social Research
Module 2: Foundations of Social Research
Module 3: Quantitative Methods
Module 4: Qualitative Methods
Modules 5 – 7: Choice of three Optional Units
- Workplace Learning
- Developing Public Policy
- Gender, Work and Society
- Knowledge Management and the Learning Organisation
- Comparing National Education and Training Systems
- Vocational Education and Training (VET) and Lifelong Learning
- National Culture and HRD
- Youth Transitions, HRD and the Labour Market
- Globalisation: Work, Employment and HRD
- Work, Employment and Learning Issues in China and Hong Kong (SAR)
- Industrial Relations
Module 8:Thesis Proposal
Please note: due to regular enhancement of the University’s courses, please refer to Leicester’s own website (www.le.ac.uk) or and Terms and Conditions (http://www2.le.ac.uk/legal) for the most accurate and up-to-date course information. We recommend that you familiarise yourself with this information prior to submitting an application.
Fees & Provisions
Fees are payable in instalments, to the University. Included is all the academic and administrative support from the University, educational materials, use of electronic services (blackboard) and electronic admission to the central University library.
Application & Information
– academic or professional degree copy
– Masters degree, preferably at distinction level
– Detailed outline of your initial research proposal
– Applicants will be invited for interview (face to face or Skype) before an offer can be made
– degree transcript
– two references (from work)
For more information, please fill out a contact form here!
iCon International Consulting promotes the online DSS programme of the School of Business in Greece and provides all the appropriate information.